And then he was Ten

It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with Spencer (although I know with 5 kids I realize it wasn't). I can't believe how fast time has been going by. I really need to appreciate the time I have because it goes by so fast!

When I was in labor with Spencer it was a LONG 3 days! I was so happy when he finally came. I tell everyone he was 9lbs but on his birth certificate it says 8 lbs 15.5 oz. I consider that 9...lol. Spencer was a sweet baby. He cried in the beginning a lot but I think that is because I thought if I made him stay awake for the whole day he would sleep all night. He didn't sleep all night and it made him super fussy to try and keep him awake. Don't worry it only took me a few weeks to figure it out.
Photobucket
Hosp

When Spencer was a little boy (he still is a little boy to me btw) he would put various objects behind the back tire of the van. He wanted to see what they looked like on the inside. Fortunately now he has moved on to rocks! He collects them. I would say he probably has several 5 gallon buckets of rocks. A lot of rocks he will break open to see what they look like on the inside, his rocks are truely his treasures. When he does this I think of my little boy puting toys, sugar beets and other objects behind the van to see what they look like on the inside. Whenever it is a special occasion like Mothers day or a birthday Spencer will go find one of his treasures and give it to us for a gift. I think I have 3 on my nightstand right now.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Spencer is such a special part of our family and I love him so much. I know Heavenly Father meant for him to be in our home.
Blessing day

Happy Birthday Spencer!

Comments

Christine said…
Happy Birthday to Spencer! He is such a good boy!
Debbie said…
Oh, this is such a sweet post. Happy birthday to Spencer. 10 years really does go by fast. He looks so cute in his little tux! You look good too, and you still do :)
All for J's said…
Happy Birthday Spencer!! Hope you have an awesome day!!
Heather said…
Happy Birthday!! It is always fun to think about those baby days!!:) If you make it to the Provo race let me know so we can meet up:)

Popular posts from this blog

Seattle and Gratitude....a life lesson

Goodby to Jasper

My family Vineyard