My family Vineyard

In 2Nephi 33: 3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry. I know this one was from last week’s scripture reading but it ties into another scripture from this week that really meant a lot to me. Which is Jacob 5: 47 But what could I have done more in my vineyard? Have I slackened mine hand, that I have note nourished it? Nay, I have nourished it, and I have digged about it, and I have pruned it, and I have dunged it; and I have stretched forth mine hand almost all the day long, and the end draweth nigh. And it grieveth me that I should hew down all the trees of my vineyard, and cast them into my fire that they should be burned. Who is it that has corrupted my vineyard? When my son went through the temple before he left on his mission my husband, his Dad, opted not to be at the temple. This was a lonely time for me. My family lives out of state, and my parents were unable to come because my Dad had recently had knee replacement surgery. I felt as though I was a failure in my vineyard. My second child also is inactive in the church. It is so discouraging, and many times I have had tears watering my pillow by night because of the way things are. I have tried to do everything I can to encourage my son and my husband to want to come to church, but ultimately, they have their free agency, and so far they haven’t had a desire to return. However, in the allegory of the Olive tree I found hope. In Jacob 5: 50 But, behold, the servant said unto the Lord of the vineyard: Spare it a little longer. Now as a mother and I wife these verses have new meaning to me, and I will be patient and spare it a little longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodby to Jasper

Seattle and Gratitude....a life lesson