Ben
Today I had to be a substitute in Primary. The lesson was on forgiveness. I taught the kids about the prodigal son (Luke 15:10-32). As I read through the story I felt emotional thinking of my brother.When the son came home he was going to beg his father for forgiveness and ask him to work as a servant. When the father saw him coming he ran to him and kissed him. The son said "Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in they sight, and am no more worthy to be called they son."The father ordered a great feast and fine clothes for his son and said "For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.What the father said reminds me so much of my brother. Right now it seems as though the brother I used to know is dead and I don't know if he will ever be the same again. I imagine that this is how the father felt. A couple of months back while I was visiting Utah I went with my mom and we took my kids to visit Ben. One look inside his apartment was enough to know that it wasn't a place I would bring my kids. We visited with him outside for a few minutes. When we left I just felt so much grief for the brother and uncle that he used to be. I really feel that the old Ben is dead. In reality I do hold onto some hope that someday he will change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodby to Jasper

Seattle and Gratitude....a life lesson