First day of school and Lake Powell

Well I missed posting the kids first day of school so I'll do it now :)
School Started on August 24. Here is Hailey with her teacher Mrs. Lloyd.
Photobucket
Here is Austin with his teacher Mrs. Ashton.
Photobucket
I didn't make it to Spencer's class fast enough to get one before class started so I took one from the door way. Here is his teacher Mrs. Hawks
Photobucket

Our kids missed the second week of school for a vacation to Lake Powell with our friends the Gillettes. The one thing I worried about on the trip was that I didn't want any of my kids to drowned. I made them all wear their life jackets 24/7 except Spencer who passed a swimming test. We all slept on the top deck of the house boat. I worried a lot about Brig climbing out of his play pen in the night so we turned it upside down to make a cage..lol. It worked pretty well until he woke up in the night and bawled.
Photobucket
Here is a pic of all of the kids sleeping. I thought they all looked so cute.
Photobucket
All of the adults slept around the kids to keep them safe in the event that they woke up during the night.

Stacy's family was so fun. Here is a pic of her BIL Theron who made a row boat out of a log.
Photobucket

He and Stacy's brother Daniel made a "raft" out of a few logs that were around with the kids. They all thought it was great.
Photobucket
My little Ethan went from hating water to loving it. He found that with the help of his life jacket he could go anywhere.
Photobucket
He really wanted to water ski, but the boat was a little to big to pull a little boy, so our friend Zane whipped up what I call waterskiing Redneck style.
Photobucket
Ethan got a little bit tired of waiting for everything to be just right.
Photobucket
Here dad is helping him to get ready.
Photobucket
Here is my little 3 year old water skiing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hailey, Austin and Spencer also water skied. My friend Stacy got some good photos of it and I'll add them when I get them from her.
Spencer also wake boarded for the first time. Here he is getting ready.
Photobucket
Here is my little Spencer on a wake board.
Photobucket
I forgot to add. I also tried water skiing. I didn't quite get up. When I got close my left leg kept going back like I was doing the splits. Maybe next time. This is the first time I've ever tried so I think I did okay. I think Stacy also got pics of that...lol.
Tyler is awesome at water skiing and Wake boarding. When he would get close to the house boat when he was done he'd always do an awesome trick. I tried to capture it with my camera but I got right before and right after.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We also had a grand time building sand castles on the beach. The kids helped me build an awesome one with a moat.
Photobucket
Here is Stacy directing the building.
Photobucket
Here is sweet Brig just enjoying the fun.
Photobucket

I think this was our best family vacation ever. We have enjoyed all of the vacations that we have been on but it was the most relaxing one by far, and the best news of all is that the kids were all kept safe.

Comments

Heather said…
How much fun!! I didn't dare to take my kids to Lake Powell last summer for the same reasons!! I cannot believe your kids can waterski!!!!! It took me 7 days to finally get up on the wakeboard!!:) I was so sore for the next 6 months it seemed like!!:) Glad you all had a great time:)
The Hoggan's said…
Looks like soo much fun! Your kids make me look like a retard, Lol. I can't even get up on ski's!
Cinderella Mom said…
I love your blog, you have a beautiful family and it looks like Lake Powell was a blast!
Juliann said…
I can't believe your kids got up on skis!! I just barely accomplished that last year! Awesome!!

Popular posts from this blog

Goodby to Jasper

Seattle and Gratitude....a life lesson