Hepworth Christmas letter

Dear Family and Friends,

Another year has flown by for us! Our lives seem to always be a little bit crazy, but we are truly blessed by our Father in Heaven, and we are so thankful for his hand in our lives. We hope that this letter finds you healthy and happy this Christmas season.

Tyler has had a miraculous recovery from his broken back! Other than being a little bit more worn out from working hard (I tell him that he is just becoming an old man..lol), we haven't noticed anything from his injury that hasn't healed. Tyler is still a hobby programer and is always studying something on his computer. He is also really great at building things for the shop. This year we also built a new shop building. While building the shop, I saw Tyler standing on the backhoe scoop and adjusting the shop doors. As I looked at him way up high, I felt so thankful that he is still with me on this earth and that he is able to do all of the things that he used to do.

I have been busy this year. I had our 6th baby Max on February 18th. My goal was to not have a epidural and I was able to go without one :) It was my easiest delivery and he has been my easiest baby! I was able to run for my whole pregnancy and so I only had to take a week off after I had the baby. I think Heavenly Father knew that the rest of the kids add so much chaos to my life that I needed a sweet baby to end things out. This year I wanted to take the year off from volunteering at the school, but they needed a room mom for Hailey's class and so I said I would do it. I also did the decorations for the school carnival and had a lot of fun. I am still t, j I 0ikhe secretary in Relief Society in our ward and I have grown to really love the ladies in our .ward.

Spencer is in the 7th grade and is 12 years old now. When Max was a week old he had to have his appendix removed (I think I needed a little extra stress with a new baby). He has been keeping me busy driving around this year. He has been playing junior high football, wrestling, and is planning to start basketball. I keep trying to get him to do cross country, but it is at the same time as football and he really loves football. This is going to be his last year of taking piano lessons. I keep trying to convince him to keep taking but he won't listen to me (someday he will know that I was right though). He is now a Deacon and passes the sacrament at church! He has grown up into a really nice young man.

Austin is in the 5th grade and will be 11 the day after Christmas. He has really mellowed out quite a bit with the debating, but I'm still holding out that he will be a lawyer. Austin loves to help take care of baby Max, and is a great help to me. Austin is really talented at playing the piano and I love trying to make him play for me. He also has started taking art classes and is very artistically talented. I told him he has to make me pictures that I can frame and hang around my house.0

Hailey is in the 3rd grade and is 8 years old. She loves to take ballet and performed in Hansel and Gretel for the second year in a row. Ballet has been really good for her and she is becoming a lot more graceful. She also takes piano and is really talented, she wants to quit, but I won't let her. She likes to play the piano, but she doesn't like to practice what she is assigned to. Hailey is a great helper with baby Max. The crib is in her room right now and I love it. When Max wakes up at night she brings him to me!

Ethan is in kindergarten and is 6 years old. He is a witty, charming little boy. He loves to make little notes to give his kindergarten teacher. Ethan is very active and has had to have stitches twice this year! On Mothers Day we had to go to the ER because his stitches became infected. He was really tough and had to have a shot in his hip. He didn't even cry! He is also great at entertaining Max, and Max loves the attention. He and Brigham are great frienemies, one minute they are playing so cute together and the next they are beating each other up.

Brigham is 3 years old and almost as big as Ethan. He is now the most stubborn child that I've ever had. I think that he and Austin will open a law firm together someday! Brigham is also very active and broke his arm on my birthday this year. This is the second summer in a row that he has broken his arm. This year he waited until after I bought the pool pass. Brigham has a really cute way of wording things and I love to hear his little voice. Yesterday for family night we made gingerbread houses and after he finished his house he said “I done with mine house, now I decorate mine self.” Then he took his knife and spread a glob of frosting onto his stomach and put an M & M on it...lol. He is such a funny little boy.

Max is almost 10 months old. He is the most content and sweet snuggling baby that I have ever had. I really think that Heavenly Father knew that was all that I could handle. When we had our family picture taken all of the kids fought over who would get to hold him for the picture. If you see Hailey's face on the card you can see that she isn't smiling. She was mad that it wasn't her holding Max. We did do individual shots of each kid holding Max. It seems like Max isn't close to walking yet, and I am so thankful for that! When Spencer was a baby he started walking at 8 ½ months. It seems like when they start walking they find all sorts of new things to get into.

We always seem to have a bit of chaos every day, but our lives are so blessed! We are so thankful for Jesus Christ our Savior and all that he has done for us. We hope you know that you are in our thoughts throughout the year.

Love,

The Hepworths

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodby to Jasper

Seattle and Gratitude....a life lesson