Maui, and Brig's birthday

In January some fun things happened at our house. First on the Eight Brigham turned 6! He is such a sweet & stubborn little boy. He really tries hard to do what is right.  photo IMG_0569_zps930e59cd.jpg During November we went to the bowling alley for some family fun. Austin, my stubborn and kind of naughty son, decided to head over to the area where they serve food and swipe a bunch of sweet-n-low and sugar packets. We didn't know about this but Brigham saw him. He came over and told me that he saw Austin steal something and he also told the guy at the bowling alley. I made Austin put them back and we had a stealing chat. I felt so proud that Brigham would stand up for what is right. On the 14th of January Tyler and I went to Maui, Hawaii without our children for a short vacation! It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the peace and break from the chaos of home. His dad and Jodi came to our house and watched our kids. I felt so thankful that they would be willing to help us. I knew the kids would be in good hands while we were gone, and they were. We were scheduled to fly out of Twin Falls about 6:45. We live about an hour from the airport. Just when we were getting ready to leave Max woke up. He knew something was up and he kept following me around bawling and saying "Bring me too, and Me come too." I felt so bad and it was hard for me to leave him. Needless to say we left a bit late for the Airport. We didn't end up getting there until around 6:20. They had already checked all of the bags onto the flight and I couldn't check mine. It was too large to be a carry on and we had about 5 minutes to contemplate what we were going to do. I whipped open my suitcase and began to stuff all of my clothing and belongings that I could into the small backpack I had, Tyler's carry on, and Tyler's backpack. I did end up having to leave a few things behind, all of my hair styling products and running stuff. They told me they would stash my suitcase in a back room until we got back. Woooohooo we finally made it on the plane, but I didn't dare to open my backpack that had my book and ipad in for fear of underware falling out. We had a short layover in Portland so I had a little time to adjust my bag and to make sure my underware was shoved to the bottom of my bag. The flight from Portland to Maui seemed so long and boring to me. I felt so stir crazy and uncomfortable in my seat. Tyler had the isle seat and there was a girl next to me with the window. I knew the moment that I saw her she was a nurse. I can't tell you why other than she just gave off that vibe. She was ultra paranoid about germs. I wasn't sick and told her so, but funny I sneezed twice on the plane. I was so happy when our plane finally landed. The trip was with a company called winfield solutins. It is a company that we buy our fertilizer from. They provided shuttle buses to the hotel. There were so many curves in the road that I thought I might throw up before we got to our hotel. I didn't realize that our hotel was going to be so far from the airport. Near the Airport I saw a costco, Savers, Walmart and All of the other stores I love to shop at back home. I hoped that sometime during our stay I would have a chance to do some shopping there. During our stay I saw several people that I knew. The first, on the Airplane was Jeanie, the secretary at the kids Elementary school. After we checked into our hotel we ran into Tyler's cousin Tiffany and her husband Zach. It was good to see some familliar faces, and Tiffany and Zach are fun to hang out with. It was so nice to be able to get myself food, and not worry about anyone else. I asked everyone at the table if they needed anything to drink when I would get up just because it was so strange to not be helping anyone. On the last day before our plane flew out (it was an 11pm flight) we rented a car and went on the road to Hana. It is quite a drive and there are some amazing views. One of our final stops before heading closer to the airport was at the Haleakala national park. There was a hike that we both wanted to take through the rain forest up to Waimoku Falls. It was so beautiful and I was so amazed as we walked through the Bamboo forest. A song kept coming to my mind as we walked "How great Thou Art." I love that song and even Tyler began to hum as we made our way. When we were almost to the top where the falls are located I stepped wrong and rolled my ankle. I fell completely and felt some popping in my ankle. My very first thought was that I broke my ankle, and how was I going to get back down. I told Tyler to finish his way up to the falls and take some pictures, and we would see about my ankle when he came back. He came back after a few minutes and we found a bamboo stick to help me hobble back down. I cried and walked, not because of the pain, but because of the frustration. Whenever my body doesn't cooperate with me I think about my little Ethan and how determined he is. He tries to do everything he can to keep up with his friends, and most of the time has such a positive attitude about all that he does. I also thought about my sister Leslie and the fact that she was getting married in 6 days. Even if I had been on my death bed I would have done anything to make it to her wedding. On the Flights back every single flight we were on was 100% full. I had to use crutches to make it to the airport and when we got there, I had to be "one of those people." I had to ride in a wheelchair to get to the airplane. I tried to ice my foot as much as I could on the airplane but there was pretty much no way to prop it up. We went straight to the emergency room in Twin falls when we got back. They too X-rays and it wasn't broken. I was advised to see a foot specialist because it was obviously injured and they couldn't say if any ligaments or tendons were torn. It turns out that it was a grade 3 ankle sprain (which is the worst one). My ankle is still swelling some and I have barely been able to start back running with an ankle brace. Every day I am thankful for the ability to walk and run. When it was lost for a short time I had a lot more sympathy for people with disabilities. I want to write more about my sister's wedding but I am going to save that for another day. This is a picture of Me & Tyler at the Luau. My hair was pretty flat because of the humidity and having to leave my hair supplies at the airport in my suitcase.  photo 
IMG_0572_zps3114b17a.jpg Here is a picture of the view from our hotel.  photo IMG_0605_zps95b0e1e1.jpg Here is a picture of some Poi Fish. They would eat right out of your hand. I took a video while someone else fed them because I'm not a fan of dirty hands.  photo IMG_0602_zpsfb1eb60c.jpg Here is a picture of the Bamboo Forest. My picture can't even do justice to how amazing it is. While we were hiking I kept wishing that my mom was with us because I know she would have loved it!  photo Bamboo_zpsbd30bf93.jpg Here is a picture of my ankle in the car after the hike.  photo IMG_0607_zps17e1c586.jpg Here is a picture from the emergency room. From my toes to my knee was purple and yellow. I didn't know it was possible for a leg to be so bruised.  photo IMG_0609_zpsc8fd53e1.jpg


Popular posts from this blog

Divorce....A love lesson

"Mom You're Drunk"

Road Block