On the 11th of November it was Veterans day. Our school puts on a really nice program for the veterans in our community. Spencer wanted me to call and ask my dad to come ( my dad was in the Utah Air National Guard ) of course he didn't tell me to invite my dad until the day before the program and my parents don't live close to us. So my dad wasn't able to make it.

The program was so nice. All of the boys that are in the scouting program came in their uniforms and they had them wait by the doors and open them for us on our way in and our way out. They also had a really nice flag ceremony. I thought the program was so nicely done. The 4th, 5th and 6th grades sang all of the different songs that go with the area of military where you serve. They had all of the veterans stand when their song was sung and everyone in the audience would applaud them. I even felt emotional (I think I get that from my mom). I felt so grateful for the freedom that I have and for all of the men and women who serve our country. At the end of the program they had a moment of silence and then they had a trumpet playing at the front and another one echoing at the back in memory of the veterans who have died. I love where we live and I am so thankful for this country.

Here is a pic of Spencer at his program I need to get tips on how to eliminate red eye...

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodby to Jasper

Seattle and Gratitude....a life lesson