Life in a nutshell

On the 12th of February Tyler and I went on a cruise without kids. We did bring Max our baby though. He was such a sweet and fun baby and all of the people that work on the Cruise ship loved him. Especially the Maitre d', She was from Romania and every night would carry Max to our table. She said that she had to leave her daughter to work on the cruise ship when she was Max's age. While we were on the cruise Max turned 1!! I can't believe that a year has passed. He is such a sweet little guy.
Photobucket
While we were on the cruise Max had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin and was covered from head to toe in hives.
Photobucket
This picture was taken at the airport and every person that saw Max kept saying "what happened?" or "what is wrong with him?" Poor Max, I kept saying "Normally he is an adorable cute baby."
Photobucket
This was taken at the doctors office just before we left.
It really was divine inspiration that I brought Benadryl with me on the cruise ship. I know that it would have been life threatening if I hadn't had it with me. I knew what to do because Brigham had the same allergic reaction when he was around the same age as Max.

Poor Max is going to have tubes put into his ears next week. He has had fluid in them since September and infections off and on since then. I hope that after he has the tubes he will talk more. Right now he is on his third antibiotic since the last one didn't take care of it and the one before he was allergic to.

While we were gone Spencer had a fight at school. When we got home Spencer took me down into his room and told me about it and said the principal would be calling me. He was suspended last week for Tues, Wed, and Thurs. In September he was in a fight with a different kid, who had been picking on him. This time he was in a fight with that kid's friend. I wasn't thrilled about the fight....you know that I'm not a fan of fighting or violence, but I do support defending yourself when being picked on.

I don't know if I updated this before but I took Ethan to physical therapy and the physical therapist said "I can see that there is something wrong, but I don't know what is wrong and I can't help him." So I just have to be patient and wait.....Our appointment with the neuromuscular pediatrician isn't until May 18....that just seems so far away and google has an unlimited amount of information to look up. I do know that it isn't muscular dystrophy thought and I am so thankful for that.

In January we took the kids on a cruise for Christmas. It was so much fun! The kids said that it was the best vacation ever. Hailey asked if we could go on another for her birthday...lol. Taking the kids on a cruise was fun and more relaxing than I thought it would be. Grandma Dalton, Marge, Marge's Brother Tom, His wife Jamie, and their kids Ian, Abby, Evan...and Aunt Les all came with us on our cruise! Here is a picture of Les and I with the kids just before we got on the cruise ship. I am sure that you can see the annoyed look on my face. I didn't want to stand and pose for a picture and I was annoyed that they were taking one.
Photobucket
Here is a pic of me with Max and Brigham. Brigham had gone to camp carnival and they painted his face while he was there. A little side note. The kids all had so much fun at camp carnival and circle C. It was built in entertainment for the kids while we were there.
Photobucket
We are so blessed. We do have our challenges but life is good :)

Here is a pic of Max and I on the cruise.
Photobucket

Comments

Amy F said…
It's so fun to see what your family is up to! Little Max is adorable, hives and all! The cruises all look so fun, what lucky kids you have! You make 6 kids look like a picnic!

Popular posts from this blog

Seattle and Gratitude....a life lesson

Goodby to Jasper

My family Vineyard